AfterCare for brows
Proper care following your enhancement is necessary to achieve the best results. Please review the following instructions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us.
You may experience the following symptoms for 4 days
- Minor swelling and redness.
- Mild tenderness.
- Itchiness in the eyebrow area.
- Dry flaking skin.
- These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process.
Daily care to follow for 7 days
- Dry healing for the first 48 hours. Start from day 3, apply a healing balm a minimum of 3 times a day, using a cotton bud.
- Wash your hands before applying the product and prevent cross-contamination of the product by using a clean cotton
- bud for each eyebrow
- We recommend that you use a gentle facial cleanser to freshen your skin during the first week. Do not splash wash your face. Do however clean your enhancement twice daily with damp cotton pads.
- If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean tissue.
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of infection.
- Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your enhancement as the colour may heal unevenly and you could risk infection, which in turn could lead to scarring. Allow the colour to flake away by itself.
- Do not receive skincare beauty treatments for 5 days after the application of your enhancement. No make-up should be applied close to your enhancement for 3 days.
Avoid for 2 weeks
- Do not expose your enhancement to direct sun, tanning treatments, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower spray.
- Do not receive eyebrow tinting, waxing, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to the brow region.
Remember, your selected colour will be stronger and more sharply defined for 10 to 14 days after application but as the healing process occurs the colour will soften and lighten.
The approximate healing period is 14 days, however healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, if you are generally stressed and by poor diet.
Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of colour is to be expected. This is the purpose of the re-touch visit allowing us to fine tune your enhancement. This is included in the initial cost, however if you do not attend your scheduled re-touch appointment you will be charged for any further treatment. Cancellation notice is always 48 hours.
Long term care
- Use a good sunscreen. Sun exposure will fade your permanent cosmetics.
- If you are planning a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your permanent cosmetics.
- Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for a year post application.